Why plan in advance?
Alaska is a unique destination because its tourist season only lasts three months, and so as summer approaches places will fill up and certain services may no longer be available. As someone who has backpacked for long periods of time, my natural tendency (like many other travelers) is not to have a rigid plan and to leave room for chance and random changes.
However, as most people do not have unlimited time in Alaska, experience shows it’s highly advisable to do the exact opposite, to establish a relatively rigid plan and to book accommodations and services in advance. In other words if there’s one thing you don’t want, it’s to come all the way to Alaska only to find you can’t do what you want because some family from Florida already booked the sled trip / minivan / lodge room (circle what applies) for the exact dates you wanted.
Different people have different ways of organizing a trip. Some scour the Internet six months in advance, order books from Amazon and book everything themselves. Other do some of the homework and leave undecided bits for the trip itself, and some just don’t have the time / energy / will to plan for themselves. It’s all legitimate. As we here like to say, to each his own pita. Our goal is to cater to any person in need of any kind of assistance.
Why choose us?
- Our plans are based on years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of the destination.
- The itinerary is personally tailored to your preferences.
- No need to handle booking and preparations.
- No need to research local accommodations and companies. We have been working with the same suppliers for years, and we only work with the best.
- Close logistical backup in case of any hitches.
- Working directly with tourism suppliers in Alaska, rather than through a local booking center (cheaper prices).
- More supplier flexibility in case of changes or cancellations.